JIKDS is aimed to:
- Promote the nexus of indigenous knowledge and development through quality research that enhances the productivity of research outputs for the positive benefit at all levels.
- Create a culture of scholarship where research outputs contribute to economic, cultural and social development endeavors.
- Encourage inclusiveness in knowledge production by integrating and including indigenous knowledge systems in the ways of knowing and development strategies.
Scope of JIKDS:
- Indigenous Knowledge
- Mining and Environmental Protection
- Agriculture and other relevant national and international issues