Journal of African Development Studies was launched years back with the aim of promoting scholarship on the matters of development and catering for the research publication needs of the university professionals. The Journal was launched to engage in academic as well as policy-oriented research that contribute towards supporting the teaching and training mission of the University- founded on sound scientific research findings and informing and challenging policy formulation and implementation on matters of development in its broad range, notably, social, economic, environmental, political and related cross-cutting dimensions. Such researches are important as instruments whereby the university ensures its role, mandate and mission contributing towards national socio-economic development. Thematically, the Journal has broader aim and scope on issues of development broadly defined and the name “Africa” in its nomenclature displaying its commitment to engaging scholars from Africa as well as addressing regional matters of development. The Journal will accept original research, systematic reviews, short communications, book reviews, research reports and the like from disciplinary, multidisciplinary, interdisciplinary and transdisciplinary policy and development sciences, social and behavioral sciences, humanities, education and language, health, agriculture, socio-economic development, and political economy. However, manuscripts of pure disciplinary focus, that do not have explicit development relevance are outside of the scope.
Among other things, the following broader themes will form the scope of the Journal:
Urban, rural and regional development
- Social and cultural aspects of development regionally, nationally, as well as internationally
- Environment, development, natural resources conservation,
- Development and its impacts on society, culture, environment
- Socio-economic impact assessments of development projects
- Historical narratives of development
- Political economy of development
- Poverty, social protection and development
- Value chain development
- Development policies and strategies
- Urban-rural sustainable livelihoods
- Education and development (focus on quality issues and its long standing impact)
- Health and development (focus on quality issues and its long standing impact)
- Gender and development
- Cross cutting issues (Population, Disabilities, heritages , Ethnicity/language, HIV/AIDS, etc)
Researchers and practitioners are invited to submit their original empirical research and systematic review articles 6,000–8,000 words in length, as well as short communications of up to 1000 words. Interested authors must consult the journal’s guidelines for manuscript submissions by requesting a copy of the guideline from the Journal Managing Editor (at the below address), prior to submission. All submitted manuscripts will be screened for preliminary assessment by the Editorial board before recommended for sequent professional review by at least experts in the relevant fields. . Final decision regarding acceptance/revision/rejection will be based on the reviews received from the reviewers and at the sole discretion of the Editor-in-Chief.
All manuscripts must be submitted through the email address indicated below.
All inquiries should be directed to the attention of:
Dr Zerihun Doda, Managing Editor
Ethiopian Civil Service University, Center for the Study of Ethics and Integrity/ Department of Environment & Climate Change
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com
Mobile: (+251-0-) 944062657/ 989815520